progress toward civilized life

Having contemplated of Morey's Book "Ancient People" seems that I m facing a great life to undergo. It enlightens my mind how to behave as an individual human. A civilized person to deal with others. One of the outstanding Romans, Marcus Aurelius is worthy to be read by the young people of all times. He says:
" In my father I saw mildness of manners, firmness of resolution, contempt of vain glory. He knew when to rest as well as to labor. He taught me to forbear from all improper indulgences, to conduct myself as an equal among equals, to lay on my friends no burden of servility. From him I learned to be resigned to every fortune and to bear myself calmly and serenely, to rise superior to vulgar applause, and to despise vulgar criticism, to worship the god without superstition and to serve mankind without ambition. He was ever prudent and moderate, he looked to his duty only and not to the opinions that might be formed of him. such was the character of his life and manners-nothing harsh, nothing excessive, nothing rude, nothing which showed roughness and violence."

"From my mother I learned piety and to abstain not only from evil deeds but from evil thoughts as well. The best way to avenge a wrong is not to be like the wrong-doer.
Behave to all so that it may be said of you that you never wronged a man in deed or in word.
never value anything as profitable to yourself which shall compel you to break your promise, to lose your self-respect, to hate any man, to act the hypocrite, or to desire anything that needs walls or curtains."


Suddenly the words above remind me to my parents. How they educate and teach me about life. when they looked at me without words sometimes I thought what in their mind are. were they disappointed of me? were they proud of me? were they have a piety of me? Did they feel that I haven't been a real human as they wish? Did they feel that I m still need their guidance to alive in this cruel life? I wish I always stay in their hearts as I do....

Another important point in my mind remind me to a great person who always makes me smile, excited and laugh. He is who teaches me to be cheerful&thoughtful. I can not imagine what life is going to be without him. If I can say the truth here....That is only him who is so priceless in my life. I cant stand in the crowd without you...

What I was thinking at that night when I looked up the philosophy's book was how to be an OUTSTANDING PARENTS...create outstanding child...become outstanding teenagers...last but not least...is becoming AN OUTSTANDING HUMAN BEING in front of the The LORD of Universe... sounds little bit hard...but let it be...the future is not to see but create it as the best we can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Istirahat Makan Siang

Memasak Sebagai Kegemaran 'Baru' tapi Lama